THE POWER SWEEPING SPECIALIST
19664 SW 69TH Place,
Pembroke Pines, FL 33332
Local: 954.680.STAR (7827)
Toll Free: 866.793.3727
World Sweeping Association
Star Cleaning, USA is very experienced in all phases of municipal and construction sweeping, including millings.
Although it's important to have pavement swept regularly, it must be done by the correct type of sweeper, run by an experienced operator and at the correct speed and frequency.
Why construction and roadway sweep?
Street and construction site sweeping is recognized as a Best Management Practice that offers a host of important health, safety and environmental benefits.
Power sweeping is considered a Best Management Practice under the EPA Clean Water Act and Clean Air Act.
Here are some of the major reasons why maintaining a regular frequency of municipal sweeping, as well as mandating a rigorous level of sweeping on construction sites, is more important than ever before:
• Sweeping was started in the early 1900s for 'cosmetic' reasons. Today, material on the street has a much higher potential for being hazardous than ever before. Health issues from fugitive dust are responsible for over 1 million cases of asthma per year.
• Studies show that air sweepers and broom sweepers can pick up pollutants at a cost of less than $5 and $10 per pound, respectively. In contrast, a study by CalTrans showed that capturing pollutants in the runoff stream averages a whopping $35 per pound — and that didn't include the cost of the real estate needed for most end-of-the-pipe retrofits.
• PM10-compliant street sweeping is a recognized Best Management Practice for construction and community compliance with NPDES Phase II stormwater run-off program.
• When roadway debris is kept cleaned up, citizens take more pride of ownership in their locale and tend to throw less litter from their vehicles.
• Weekly sweeping and cleaning is proven to maintain particulate compliance and can reduce suspended solids in downstream receiving waters by more than 75% (Source: EPA 832-F-99).
• When sand, grit and other smaller micron debris, especially, is allowed to accummulate on roadways, the road surface becomes more slippery and can contribute to a higher risk of accidents.
• Sand, dirt and other trash are abrasive, and will shorten the useful life of pavement, as well as the length of service time of any sealcoating, striping, etc.
• Having a regular sweeping program enhances community pride, perceived quality of life, and also has health and safety implications.
• When debris that is a food source remains unswept for a long enough period, it will attract rodents and other potentially disease-carrying or dangerous animals.
To enhance education about street and construction sweeping, Star Cleaning, USA offers a variety of handouts on this topic. Please use the links shown to download these in PDF format.
If you are a government agency that now does its own sweeping, chances are that contracting your road sweeping services would offer a number of advantages, including price.
We are sweeper experts, so our equipment is always kept at top manufacturers' specifications. Our operators are highly trained at sweeping; not a truck driver who sometimes runs a sweeper.
If you wonder what your current sweeping program costs your organization, we offer two handouts designed to assist you in determining your current sweeping costs. In PDF file format, these will help you to determine either your current sweeping costs per curb mile or costs per hour.
Star Cleaning, USA offers both a high level of experience and a wide array of sweepers and related support equipment. As a result, we can offer the exact personnel and equipment you need for any of the types of services we provide. Perhaps best of all, when you choose Star Cleaning, USA there is something you get at no extra charge: peace of mind.
To learn more about the many benefits of having Star Cleaning, USA as your power sweeping company send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 954.680.STAR (7827); or Toll-Free at 866-793-3727.
Hours of Operation
We're on the job 365/7/24, so rest assured our experienced sweeper operators will be ready for you any time and any day!