Star Cleaning USA: Maintaining the Image of Your Property
Here are some of the major reasons why maintaining a regular frequency of municipal sweeping, as well as mandating a rigorous level of sweeping on construction sites, is more important than ever before.
Studies have shown that cleanliness ranks as a top factor in determining where people shop, and external cleanliness is seen by many as equally important as that of the interior of the building. Here are some of the major reasons for sweeping your property regularly:
• Exterior parking areas are where business owners hope their potential customers will derive an initially good ‘first impression.’ The way the exterior area looks also projects an image of how the rest of the plaza will be operated. If exterior maintenance is slipshod, then potential customers might well expect the internal cleanliness and other affairs of the mall or business to also be poorly operated.
• People like to patronize the successful. Clearly, all businesses would choose to have a clean parking area, all other considerations aside. The unwillingness or inability to keep a particular area cleaned projects a non-successful.
• Shopping centers are finding maintenance of market share to be of increasingly competitive proposition. It’s virtually impossible to develop or retain the desired competitive edge if the grounds on the exterior of the business are unkempt.
• Even the most beautiful landscaping project is negated by a parking area which is cluttered with debris. If it has objects which might flatten a tire, people hesitate to drive in due to the potential for tire damage.
• Correct management of storm water runoff is a big factor for owners of parking areas today. Sweeping is a Best Management Practice (BMP) for storm water runoff, and a structured sweeping program can help to ensure the business is doing all it can to minimize pollutants in its storm water runoff stream.
• When a parking area is clean to begin with, shoppers are more careful throwing trash out of their cars when they come to shop.
• Sand, dirt and other trash are abrasive, and will shorten the useful life of pavement, as well as the length of service time of any seal coating, striping, etc.
• The professionalism of the local business community at large is a composite of the individual images projected by each of the businesses within it. When people have several places where they feel comfortable shopping in a particular neighborhood or township, traffic is increased throughout the entire general area.
• When a parking area remains not swept for long periods, it will attract rodents and other potentially disease-carrying or dangerous animals.
• Keeping litter picked up reduces the chances of slip-and-fall injuries, as well as the business property’s potential liability in any resultant lawsuits.
• When dirt is allowed to stay on pavement, it quickly starts deteriorating the paving material. This is especially true when enough dirt collects to start plant or weed growth being that their roots cause cracking in cement and asphalt. Replacement costs for pavement far exceed the routine expense of sweeping.
Although it’s important to have pavement swept regularly, it must be done by the correct type of sweeper, run by an experienced operator and at the correct speed and frequency.
The Importance of Global Positioning Systems
For your safety and security, make sure that any sweeping company you work with offers a GPS-equipped sweeper fleet.
GPS offers a necessary level of protection when it comes to slip-and-fall injuries, as well as ‘proof positive’ when sweepers were onsite sweeping. To see the many other reasons why GPS has become such a critical requirement for parking area sweeping, please access our handout on GPS using the link shown below.
Please let us know how we may assist you by requesting a FREE professional assessment from our management team. We’ll be glad to help you in any way we can.
We offer the following PDF files to help you learn more about the value Star Cleaning USA offers with parking area sweeping. You may also download our PDF handout showing all the reasons to sweep your parking area. Please use the links shown.
We offer both a high level of experience and a wide array of sweepers and related support equipment. As a result, we can offer the exact personnel and equipment you need for any of the types of services we provide. Perhaps best of all, when you choose Star Cleaning USA there is something you get at no extra charge: peace of mind.
To learn more about the many benefits of having Star Cleaning USA as your power sweeping company send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 954.680.STAR (7827). You may reach us toll-Free at 866-793-3727.
Hours of Operation
We’re on the job 365/7/24, so rest assured our experienced sweeper operators will be ready for you any time and any day!